Trainorama

Saturday, August 13, 2005

A Blog About Trains

My name is Beck and I love trains. I've been all over the United States to ride on different trains. I go to a lot of train museums and here at home I go to the Maine Narrow Gage Railway Museum, a lot.


I started playing with Thomas the Tank Engine when I was one year old. I'm a big boy now, but I still like to see Thomas when he visits different railroads. I like steam engines better than deisel engines.





A note from Beck's mom: Everything on this blog is dictated by Beck to me. He took most of the photos too. And of course, he narrates all the videos.

If you've visited a particularly good train museum, please let us know and we will add the link and go visit.

Enjoy.
Beck and his Mom

3 Comments:

  • I know this would be really, REALLY far for you, but the Museum of Science and Industry has a number of train-related exhibits. My favorite is this model they built, with a scale model of Chicago at one end (including El trains and city buildings and such) winding through the suburbs and farmlands and mountains, and ending at a scale model of Seattle.

    They also have antique engines you can walk through, with a guide. And I think Chicago's a big Amtrak hub.

    At Christmas and Halloween, the CTA (which runs the El trains, not the locomotives) has special trains that are decorated and have seasonal conducters, go seasonal places and such. I don't know how into trains you guys are, but Chicago's pretty train-centric.

    Dilf rides the train to work every day.

    By Blogger Ubermilf, at 1:53 PM  

  • That museum sounds incredible. Yes, we are serious train people. I never gave trains much thought until Beck got into them.

    We're planning on going to as many train museums as we can over the next few years. Because of Beck's fascination, we've actually taken Amtrack to Florida *cough*.

    I'm off to look up MS&I. Thanks for the info.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

  • Hi Ubermilf,

    This is Beck. I am trainorama's owner and thanks for the tip. I'll go to Chicago and take lots of pictures for my blog. And thanks again!

    Beck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home